Business Admin A/V
Business Administration A/V
This course provides an integrated study and development of the wide range of skills required of students seeking employment in offices, and in the modern business world in general. There is particular emphasis on achieving good keyboard skills and speeds, and on the office applications of computer soft-ware. These applications include word processing, spreadsheets and databases. Each student works individually at a computer.
Course Patterns - The course is made up of nationally accredited competencies. Each unit contains components involving keyboarding, use of computers, interpersonal and communication skills, and office procedures. A student may be eligible to receive a nationally recognised certificate if they achieve the competencies covered in two semesters.
Business Administration 1
Working in a business environment. Tele-phone and oral/written communication techniques, routine tasks, computer operations, create simple documents, Occupational Health and Safety awareness, environmental work practices, electronic presentations, customer service.
Business Administration 2
Mail processing, filing, record keeping, spreadsheets, petty cash and banking, office equipment, organising work schedules, process and maintain workplace information.
Business Administration 3
Drafting correspondence, organisational skills, deliver and monitor service to customers, produce spreadsheets.
Business Administration 4
Databases and Desktop Publishing, write simple documents, design and produce documents.
The following areas of competency will be covered during the course:
- Participate in OHS processes
- Work effectively in a business environment
- Produce simple word processed documents
- Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- Develop keyboarding and accuracy
- Communicate in the workplace
- Work effectively with others
- Deliver a service to customers
- Create electronic presentations
- Process and maintain workplace in-formation
- Organise and complete daily work activities
- Use business technology
- Handle mail
- Communicate electronically
- Create and use spreadsheets
- Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
- Organise workplace information
- Design and produce business documents
- Deliver and monitor a service to customers
- Write simple documents
- Organise personal work priorities and development
- Produce desktop published documents
- Create and use databases
- Recommend products and services
- Work effectively with diversity
- Produce spreadsheets
- Design and produce text documents