Germany - June 13 to July 5, 2019
What does the Global classroom Partnership program offer?
Global Classroom is an initiative whereby students from partner schools spanning eight countries and four continents converge to collaborate and share ideas on educational themes. Annual conferences are held in participating countries alternatively. These conferences provide opportunities for students to speak on matters that are important to them, brainstorm current global environmental and political topics, share unique cultures and establish friendships with like-minded students from around the globe.
This is an enrichment opportunity provided to Academic Excellence Program Participants and any other interested students.
- Anderson High School, Lerwick, Shetland Islands
- Ridgewood High School, New Jersey, USA
- Somorrostro Centro De Formacion, Bilbao, Spain
- Gymnázium Zlín - Lesní čtvrť, Czech Republic
- Graf-Friedrich-Schule, Diepholz, Germany
- Cape Peninsula High School, Cape Town, South Africa
- Bobergsgymnasiet, Ange, Sweden
Global Classroom - Diepholz, Germany
The 2020 GC Conference will be held in Graf-Friedrich-Schule, Diepholz in June 2020. A group of selected students will represent Australia at the conference.
The theme for Global Classroom 2020 is “Ideas that change the world”. This conference is a unique learning experience as it inspires young people from all over the world to share different ideas and perspectives in an inclusive international setting. This excursion to Germany will enable students to experience life in a local context and explore German culture, history and heritage. The excursion will also result in accelerated personal development and confidence for our students, as well as providing an opportunity to travel overseas and begin building a network outside our school and country.
The cost of the excursion will be approximately $4500 per student (depending on the final cost of airfares, group numbers and fund-raising contributions).
Dates: 13/6/20 – 5/7/20 inclusive
Teachers-in-charge: Rebecca Gill & Matthew Phillips
Number of students in the conference group: 8 maximum
Theme: Ideas that changed the world
The Lake G Global Classroom Team:
If you have any questions, please reach out to one of the following teachers.
- Matthew Philips
- Amanda Kabaila
- Will Hotchkiss
- Mali Wijesundara
- Rebecca Gill
Key Dates for the application process for Term 1, 2020:
- Expressions of Interest (EOI) will need to be finalised by the end of Week 1
- Applicants reviewed by Global Classroom Team in Week 2 (note if they are more than 8 EOI, this process is likely to change)
- Successful applicants informed by end of Week 1
- Deposit of $500 due by end of Week 3.
Please complete the following EOI form.